Frozen drains are expensive and inconvenient. Because subzero temperatures brought by the winter season cause drains to freeze, the smallest pipe crack can ruin a property.
Properly installed drain pipes do not have standing water and are usually connected to a septic or sewer system generating gas. Compared to water supply pipes, drain pipes require less external protection but they can still freeze.
- Apply heat tapes to drain pipes
- Conserve energy
- Do not clog kitchen drains
- Do not let water drip into drains. Slow-moving and small quantities of water freeze when touching cold sections of drain systems.
- Enclose and insulate the area under your property where drain pipes are located
- Ensure water heaters run properly
- Install pipe insulation
- Understand the location of the property’s main water valve
- Prepare outside drainage
- Properly dispose of trash
- Turn off outside water valves
Trust Muskegon, MI's Experts at West Michigan Septic, Sewer & Drain Service
West Michigan Septic Sewer & Drain Service is committed to providing maintenance and repair to residential and commercial septic, sewer, and drain systems with high-quality products, exceptional service, and long-lasting results. We offer a complete list of services from drain cleaning to sewer line installation and everything in between.
To prevent frozen pipes, partner with West Michigan Septic Sewer & Drain Service team. We offer preventative maintenance measures to avoid excess water loss and increased energy bills. Our professional technicians are licensed and insured to cover all your sewer system, septic system, and excavation needs.
Discover the ways to prevent drainage pipes from freezing. Call West Michigan Septic Sewer & Drain Service today or connect with us online to schedule your drain pipe inspection and insulation.