The best way to avoid sump pump back-up is with planning and maintenance. Aside from being defective, problems arise due to lack of proper maintenance or careless installation.
Many factors contribute to make your sump pump work. When they are all working properly, it is good news for the life of your sump pump. If there is a failure in your sum pump’s parts, the backup must be prepared whether from normal usage, weather or power failure. Winters in Michigan can cause discharge lines to freeze or debris can clog your discharge line.
The most common cause of sump pump failure is a power failure. But other reasons can trigger a sump pump back-up in Muskegon. They are a faulty switch, improper installation or product failure. If maintained properly, many failures can be avoided.
There are a lot of reasons why your sump pump might be failing and determining these problems is the solution in avoiding them. One of the most common causes of a faulty sump pump is a power outage. Sump pumps depend on your house for power and blackouts are very problematic.
There are two ways to deal with this problem:
1. It is better to have a backup generator when power outages arise.
- another one is to purchase a sump pump battery back up that operates during a power outage and this is less costly. It can cost between $ 275 and $500 and added to this is the labor for installation
- there are times that your unit could be too big or small for your house, which makes your pump to fail to
- make sure that your pump has the right size and the amount of groundwater it will need for the pump to operate.
- it might have a switch problem which is usually common because of the float switch that usually is being used on a sump pump that is often the part that wears out.
2. Finally, maintenance is always the key to prevent the failure of your sump pump.
- you can test your pump by running a water hose into the sump pit or pouring in a five-gallon bucket of water.
- when the water reaches the exact level, the pump should turn itself on
- if the backup pump is available on your household, you can test it a few times each year to know if it will work in times of a power outage.
- create a note when the battery is due so that it can be replaced.
- the backup pump will not work if the battery dies or expired.
- make sure the discharge line’s airhole is clear when testing your pump.
- the pump’s float switch shouldn’t be controlled so ensure that electrical cords are not tangled around the switch.
- lastly, get rid of any gravel in the sump pit and check that the screen that covers the sump pump’s water intake is clear from debris.
Problems with your sump pump back up, West Michigan Septic Sewer & Drain Service, a sump pump back-up in Grand Haven, is a company with knowledgeable and professional experts for your sump pump back-up repair and will promptly respond to your call. Contact us through our following numbers in our service areas: Muskegon: 231-739-7423 | Grand Haven: 616-847-1072 | Sump Pump Back-Up in Whitehall: 231-893-4252 | Sump Pump Back-up in Holland: 616-392-8988 | Sump Pump Back-up in Coopersville: 616-837-1800 | Sump Pump Back-up in Allendale: 616-895-9080 | Sump Pump Back-up in Twin Lake: 231-828-5595 or visit our website: https://www.wmssd.com/.